Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Shitty First Drafts (Blog # 3)



                                             WHAT I HAVE TO DO A FIRST DRAFT




Shitty First Drafts by Anne Lamott was very interesting about how most writers don’t just sit down and write their best work with their first go at it. Most sit there and go through a frustrating ordeal just trying to figure what they are going to write about. The ones who are experienced writers go through those feelings and tend to step back to their past experiences to recall that making a really bad first draft they can get the good ideas that they may need for their second draft.


For me writing seems to come pretty easy. However, I do like the Idea of just making a draft that can just be whatever I would like it to be. Just by jotting down anything that comes into my mind that might apply to what I want to write about. By doing that I think my writing can become more interesting than it already is. I know that I still have a lot to work on like my grammar and spelling so doing this shitty first draft Idea or the kid’s draft I can go over my work and help me fix what I might be missing.  So I am going to start to implement this aspect to my writing from now on even though it might take me longer to do. The advantage of it taking me a bit longer will make my work better however, if I have a dead line and don’t get my paper done in time I will probably get a lower grade unless the work is extremely good to cancel out the fact that it might be late. I enjoyed the article and it gave me a new perspective on writing so I hope I can improve my writing by using this method. I cannot wait to do my next paper where I can try this method out to see if it works for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment