Wednesday, January 30, 2013

IPod World: The End Of Society (blog #5)






IPod World: The End of Society by Andrew Sullivan talks about how he was in New York and he noticed something strange. People were a bit quitter and not paying attention to everything around them. He also talks about how he was also one of the people who was not paying much attention. Then he talks about how he left his IPod at home and went into a panic at first but then seen an interesting life happening around him.






I see what Andrew talks about almost everywhere I go. I see people not paying any attention to things around them until something happens like running into someone else. They all seem a little lethargic to me and don’t have any cares that can pull them from their musical world that they designed. The reason I can see and understand what is going on with people around me is because I do not own an IPod. I do have a smart phone that I can put music on but I would rather know what might be happening around me because I find people to be more interesting then songs that I have probably already heard at some point before. Yes you can have thousands of songs but if you have heard them once or twice you are bound to get a bit bored with the songs so it leads to be a bit boring to me. I do not like to listen to song so much that I will know every word that is sung in it by hart because life is more interesting then memorizing songs that I can most defiantly not sing. Just by observing people and things that surround you can hear or see funny things that might inspire your life. You just might even notice something that no one else has ever seen before. However, you will never know if you are stuck in a world that keeps you in closed and blocked to your surroundings.  Life is much more interesting than just playing your favorite songs over and over.




No comments:

Post a Comment